Monday, December 08, 2008

Loving When it Hurts, Part 2

"For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds. Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ; And having in a readiness to revenge all disobedience, when your obedience is fulfilled." ~2 Corinthians 10:4-6

The hardest part, I believe, is when you clearly see the blatant injustice being done to you. You see the individual(s) that no longer speak or turn your way. How you're conveniently left out...and your first inclination is to call them out...make it known "I see what you're doing. Why? What did I do to you? I'm sorry." But, (as my pastor stated)you realize that what Christ really wants you to do in this test is what he did so many times so long ago "openeth not his mouth." Because this test is for the glory of God. It's not about you, LJ.

I was praying today after I got home. Different things had happened at work and over the weekend. And God just spoke to me with the above scripture.

"weapons are not carnal" - don't fight the person. fight the devil that's attacking YOUR soul. love the individual.

"casting down imaginations" - don't think about it or ponder it.

"bringing into captivitiy" - make your mind, heart, and body act right. make your mind, heart, and body love inspite of.

"into the obedience of Christ" - obey God in every thing he tells you to do in the situation and to the individuals.

"readiness to revenge all disobedience" - my flesh will not like it. but, im ready to fight against ME.

"when your obedience is fulfilled" - the more fight you have to win this thing, the hotter it may become.

God tremendously blessed today at work. I didn't have this scripture. But, I remembered what a sister said during wed. night bible class. Sometimes you have to wake up "looking for your opportunity to die in a situation." When i got to school it seemed all types of things were going on. Yet, realizing that this was my opportunity to die. This was my opportunity to show love and Christ. Was it a fight? Oh, yes. At times, I felt like i was losing. By the end of the day, the very ones who'd caused the grief were at my feet. I know that was nothing but God. This other situation seems to be dragging out longer, but I'm encouraged that you cannot fight love. You just can't.

Pray for me. I'm encouraged. Thanks for listening and praying. Writing is theraputic (sp?) for me...Anyhoo, God has been blessing me in many ways. Inspite of this test, i thank God i'm saved. I'm loving life to the fullest. Definitely, a lot busier in this "new season" i'm in. But, it's a good busy. a VERY happy busy. :)

1 comment:

Nicky said...

I will plan to pray for you! Stay encouraged!!!:) I believe you will.