Wednesday, February 11, 2009

I am learning to guard my thoughts....

Wow. the last few weeks have been a whirlwind..who knew getting to know another person, planning a wedding, working, and maintaining my spiritual life would be so exhausting. I wouldn't trade my life right now for anything, but it's brought on new challenges i never expected.

my job has particularly been exhausting. with so much banking on the state achievement tests in march, everyday is another go, go, go, produce, produce, produce, day. the stress level there has increase triplefold. along with just dealing with different people on the job.

yet, with all this God's been teaching me how to guard my thoughts so that normal stresses of life don't make me have anxious, negative, or grumpy thoughts. with everyone pulling on me from all directions, getting that quiet time to commune with God is such a fight and press.

so, what has he taught me? just a few things...

1) My prayer and devotion time before I go to work are a must. Most teacher's know that our days start extremely early. My school's about 30 minutes away...so even though I'd love that extra 15-20 minutes, I know that taking that time to talk to God will help me throughout the day.

2) Don't dwell on it. People do and say some crazy things. There are some "sandpaper" people out there who'll always try and rub you the wrong way. Don't think about their actions/words to long. That's what makes it worse. Cast it to the wind. "Agree with thine adversary quickly." God's even been showing me that at times it's not even necesssary to defend yourself. "Suffer wrongfully..." A lot of times the wrongs done to us aren't imagined but clear and easy to see. Others may see it too. But, it's having the grace to smile anyway and cast it off. Don't let it bother you. I'm going to love you anyway.

3) God will give you the grace and knowledge that you need to fight the battle. I LOVE this scripture: "He teacheth my hands to war, so that a bow of steel is broken by mine arms." Psalms 18:34. He teaches me a)how to handle myself to work out the natural situation and b) how to handle myself to get the spiritual victory."

4) It's just the enemy. "Don't be ignorant of Satan's devices." The devil's using all he's got to try and hinder the saints. Sometimes, it takes just breathing and saying it's not really the person, the situation, or circumstance. THIS is just the Enemy. Rebuke him. and keep stepping!

5) Enjoy the moment! When it's all said and done...I am too blessed right now. I may never have an opportunity to relive this time again. I mean to enjoy every minute. Sometimes that means throwing it all out the back door and concentrating on who's important to me right now. learning to love him to the fullest and thanking god for every minute of it. :)

luv!

No comments: