Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Not ashamed while waiting...

"For they shall not be ashamed that wait for me.." ~Isaiah 49:23b

I used to think this verse meant you wouldn't be ashamed if you waited (past tense) on God because the blessing you receive in the future will make it so that you are not ashamed. In essence, "you won't be ashamed once you see what I've done."

But,

I've found that this scripture is actually present tense.

If he meant in the future based on what's been done in the past, he'd have written "for they were not ashamed that waited on me." after receiving, you're not ashamed.

His true meaning....

Those who are presently waiting (most likely having not received the promise) shall not (presently) be ashamed that wait (presently) for me.

Now that's deep. Not ashamed, embarrased, anxiety filled while waiting.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

No comments: