Tuesday, February 13, 2007

the last sin eater

so, yesterday i read this book the last sin eater by francine river. im sure most people have read it by now. (i know im late!) anyway, here are a few excerpts that were a blessing to me:

"I didn't realize I was entering a battle - one I could win only by trusting in the Lord. And trust, for me, aint easy to do. It's a learned thing, comin' one step at a time."

"Satan will prey upon your doubts and fears and try to drive you away from the Lord your God, for it is your heart he wants and your mind he will attack. Remember he is the father of lies and a murderer...but the Lord prevail[s] against him. Only the Lord prevails."

"Believe on him who saved you, [girl's name]. 'I want to believe. I do'[she said] 'Then believe'[said the prophet]. 'I try to believe' [she said]. 'Believe,' said the prophet, 'set your mind and heart upon Christ and obey the word of the Lord. Stand firm. God himself is going to fight for you."

"Just tell Jesus you trust Him and ye're waiting on him to tell you what to do."

And my all time favorite (sorry, it's long...)
"It was no accident, no coincidence, that the seasons came round and round year after year. It was the Lord speaking to us all and showing us over and over again the birth, life, death , and resurection of his only begotten Son, our Savior, Jesus Christ our Lord. It was like a best-loved story being told day after day with each sunrise and sunset, year after year with the seasons, down through the ages since time began. I knew after hearing the word of the Lord, I'd never walk anywhere again without seeing Jesus as a babe in the new-green of spring. I'd never see a field in all its glory without thinking how he lived his life for us in the royal robes of every summer wildflower. I'd ever see the greatness of his love in the beautiful sacrifice in the brilliant reds, oranges, and yellows of fall, and winter white would always speak to me of his death. And then spring again, his resurrection, life eternal."

luv it, luv it!!! so, yeah the book was encouraging. that last passage just made me stop and think of how many times i've "seen" God. just step out and observe nature. stop and "see" God.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Hey! i haven't been here in a while so i thought i'd drop by and say hey!
:)

mangagirl said...

I love Francine Rivers!! She is sooo good! I haven't read this one but Ironically I have it on the shelf from the library right now.