Thursday, December 07, 2006

school events!!!

here's a picture of me with one of my students before their christmas concert. i talked about it in the last post...



anyhoo, tonight was yet another school-event. as a fundraiser the teachers get together and have storytime at Barnes & Noble. Each teacher reads a book and the idea is that you get all the students at B&N and then when they're done listening to the story they decide to buy books. of course, a percentage of the book sale goes to the school. they do it every year and its a HUGE success...so, if you know a lot of people and need to raise money..there's an idea. so, i read the book The Night I Followed the Dog.It's one of my favorites. 1) because i LOVE dogs and 2) just because it's cute. so, if you want to read a picture book sometime or have little ones, i suggest you try it out. after reading i got together with my teacher friends and drank tea from the starbucks and wondered around. it was actually a lot of fun and relaxing. i realized that i really need to get out and do things for ME more so. So, im going to try that whole "take charge" thing i mentioned in september and try and sign up for a class (see..i get so busy that i forget about these things im supposed to be working on). the music store down the street from my house is having a class/concert this sat. so, that's the first "leap" for me. pray my strength. im overly shy, so it takes me a while to warm up to people and i totally freak out in new situations. oh, well. that's about it. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's a sweet pic :).